Shawn Collins has published some useful tips for affiliates to maxime their commissions during the Christmas period.
Here are their ten tips to reach and convert holiday shoppers:
- Centralize and prominently position free shipping offers: shoppers flock to these.
- Create a sense of urgency: remind shoppers of the number of days until Christmas.
- Create a suggestions page: provide gift recommendations segmented by price/recipient.
- Inspire impulse holiday purchasing: showcase top sellers, editor’s favorites, etc.
- Make finding merchants and merchant offers simple: visibility leads to conversion.
- Aggressively promote sale offers: segment deals by percentage/dollar off, just added sales, soon to expire sales, etc.
- Remember last minute shoppers: highlight gift certificates during final shopping days.
- Ensure timely delivery: note stock status/shipping availability at merchant/product level.
- Support the brand: provide shoppers with comprehensive contact information, including FAQ locations and store-based information.
- Think long term: collect email opt-ins for future alerts, newsletters, etc.
Affiliate Marketing Networks Buyer’s Guide (2006)