Ahead of the opening ceremony this Friday, Olympic excitement is building.
So, how are the biggest ads faring online?
With data compiled by Unruly, from ten to one, here’s a run-down of the Olympic video ads that have been shared the most on social media so far since their release.
Figures are correct at time of publication.
10. Nike – Unlimited Future (40,037 shares)
9. Gillette – Perfect Isn’t Pretty (41,353 shares)
8. Gatorade – The Boy Who Learned to Fly (63,803 shares)
7. Nike – Unlimited Serena Williams (65,668 shares)
6. United Airlines – One Journey, Two Teams (72,355 shares)
5. BBC Sport – Rio Games Trailer (79,295 shares)
4. P&G – Thank You, Mom (180,725 shares)
3. Under Armour – Rule Yourself, USA Women’s Gymnastics (186,865 shares)
2. Under Armour – Rule Yourself, Michael Phelps (308,000 shares)
Read more about Under Armour and Rule 40 (allowing unofficial sponsors to use Olympic content).
1. Channel 4 – We’re the Superhumans, Paralympic Games Trailer (1,256,567 shares)
More on video advertising:
- The future of video is vertical, texted & emotional
- Automated video: Considerations for publishers and advertisers
- The 20 most shared video ads of 2015