About the course
Mobile marketing has become a broad and sophisticated channel. Many pioneering brands are now reaping the benefits from mobile CRM, apps and much more. However, while the explosion in usage of smartphones is making mobile a richer media landscape, it presents challenges for users wishing to effectively reach their target consumers.
This course will help you to understand the latest range of creative and innovative technology options which are available across the mobile channel.
This one day mobile marketing course will give you a complete overview of the latest innovative developments in the mobile channel including technical issues, insight into mobile content and interaction. You will be able to understand what makes both a successful and unsuccessful mobile campaign through the use of creativity and innovation in mobile media.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those with previous knowledge and experience of mobile marketing who want to understand the latest trends in mobile. Also suitable for creative professionals.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the latest trends in mobile (location, augmented reality, mCommerce, etc.) and their practical applications for marketing
- Exploit the emergence of tablet devices, specifically the iPad
- Use mobile content and gaming to enhance customer experience and guide behaviour
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- Mobile technology trends - key emerging trends including location, augmented reality, NFC, app development considerations, mobile social, mCommerce, QR, barcode scanning and social buying. The session brings examples of how brands have successfully implemented these emerging technologies and considers what the future might bring.
- Innovation in mobile internet - perhaps the fastest growing channel within mobile is the internet. Whilst there has been a rush of mobile retail sites, it offers many more opportunities for engagement.
- Tablets and iPad - What opportunities do they offer for brand engagement and how do they differ from the mobile or PC experience?
- Innovation in mobile ad formats - beyond the banner. Along with the mobile internet, mobile advertising is a rapidly growing format. New technologies such as HTML 5 offer some exciting opportunities to deliver rich and exciting content beyond just a banner ad.
- Mobile content and gaming - as mobile devices become convergent with other media, how are brands using games and content for engagement?
- Interaction and screens - touch screens and accelerometers brought new possibilities for mobile content. What possibilities will new interactions such as voice and gesture control offer for brand engagement?
- Creative case studies from around the world
Mark has a degree in Economics and Politics from Southampton University, and a postgraduate diploma in marketing from University of Sheffield. As CEO of digital agency, Formation, he has been working in online marketing since 1992, and mobile marketing since 2003. During this time he has directed marketing campaigns for brands, governments and organisations through all of the digital channels. Focussing on mobile marketing for the last seven years has given Mark an unparalleled expertise in this sector.
As chair of the Direct Marketing Association’s Mobile Council, Mark takes a leading role in formulating best practice and promoting mobile as a marketing channel in the marketing industry.
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 7269 1470 to reserve your spaces.