Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
For your digital marketing to be effective you need to provide content that’s useful to your customers and that advances your business objectives in a measurable way. It is also vital to create high engagement by building and maintaining a community around your content. As users spend an increasing amount of time on a range of social media channels, brands need to understand where their users are most active and how they can interact and engage with them most effectively.
All of this requires careful analysis and planning. The disciplines of content strategy provides the framework for ensuring that your content delivers on these essential requirements across all relevant digital platforms.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Determine how the needs of your users and your business objectives inform your content strategy and community management
- Understand how to plan for a wide range of digital channels and content types, including websites, blogs, mobile apps, social media and online video
- Develop techniques to attract visitors to your website
- Understand how to engage visitors through all content channels, including your own website and third party social media platforms
- Develop a workflow that ensures your content will be on time, on budget and that it meets your requirements
- Create a strategy for the delivery and maintenance of your digital content
- Use metrics that provide actionable insights
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This practical course is designed for anyone in content creation and marketing that has a responsibility for writing, producing and maintaining website content and/or managing social media channels.
How our content courses fit together:
Digital Content Strategy - what content to produce and processes to support production
Editorial planning & Content Calendars – using a content calendar to plan day-to-day content development (using themes, formats & templates)
Content Marketing – promoting content through Web, Mobile and Social Media
What will I learn?
- The shift from selling to educating – content as marketing
- Identifying business objectives for your content marketing
- Resources and tools
- Researching your audience – what are their goals and objectives?
- Creating and using Personas and Scenarios
- Identifying key user journeys
- Research your audience’s online behaviour using free tools
- Create sketch Personas and Scenarios
Content strategy objectives
- Planning for content creation & management
- Business goals and conversions
- Identifying key messages
- Measuring success: analytics and KPIs
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- On-page search engine optimisation: researching and using keywords
- Off-page search engine optimisation: link building and PR
- The increasing role of social media
Community and engagement on the social web
- The impact of social media on marketing and PR
- Key channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others
- Principles for increasing engagement and driving results on social media
- Social media tactics
- Building the right profile
- Increasing followers, friends and contacts
- How to promote sharing
Key points and future trends
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.