About the course
This course is a hands-on workshop that will explore the next generation of computing; connected and wearable devices. This course will take a creative and practical approach to understanding how brands can innovate in this rapidly emerging technology landscape.
Take a creative approach to developing new concepts using some of the incredible tools appearing on the technology landscape. Look at Leap Motion and Makey Makey and give Google Glass a go. There will be plenty of illustrations and case studies of how these innovations can be applied.
Attend with an open, participatory approach to get the most out of this exciting course. The day will be broken down into the following sections:
- Understanding the technology challenge – technology vs adoption vs ideas
- Mini-exercise – working with IFTTT
- Understanding the technology landscape – how does changing technology impact on brand service and engagement?
- Workshop session – Augmented Reality – the eighth media channel? Develop and create brand augmented reality concepts
- New interactions – how will voice and gesture control impact on engagement?
- Workshop session – Gesture Control – using Leap Motion participants will create examples of brand interactions to address specific challenges
- Crowd Sourcing, Big and Open Data – from health to transport, how data can be used to solve brand problems
- Workshop session – Makey Makey – this workshop will use the Arduino-based board to create and deliver solutions to set challenges
- Delivering Innovation – how can we deliver innovation in the marketing and advertising environment?
Course Requirements: Use of a laptop is highly recommended for this course, please contact us if you are unable to bring your own laptop.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for all marketers with a creative interest and does not require any specific technical knowledge. It is particularly well suited to those looking to develop their technical creativity and knowledge in brand innovation.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand many of the changes happening in technology
- Understand the role of users in emerging channels
- Develop confidence in applying innovation in brand environments
- Challenge and develop your creative skills in relation to innovation
- Think in new ways
What will I learn?
- How to apply practical knowledge to brand innovation technologies
- Develop brand innovation strategies
- Lead and support teams in brand innovation
- Learn some new creative skills
Mark has a degree in Economics and Politics from Southampton University, and a postgraduate diploma in marketing from University of Sheffield. As CEO of digital agency, Formation, he has been working in online marketing since 1992, and mobile marketing since 2003. During this time he has directed marketing campaigns for brands, governments and organisations through all of the digital channels. Focussing on mobile marketing for the last seven years has given Mark an unparalleled expertise in this sector.
As chair of the Direct Marketing Association’s Mobile Council, Mark takes a leading role in formulating best practice and promoting mobile as a marketing channel in the marketing industry.