About the course
Usability and persuasion techniques are proven to increase e-commerce conversion rates. From search and navigation through to product pages, shopping bag and checkout, this course will arm you with a wealth of insights that you can begin using on your own e-commerce customer experience.
This engaging, audience participation course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of a wide variety of usability and persuasion techniques. The course presents a detailed look at how blue-chip and multi-channel retailers are using a wide range of persuasive design techniques to improve conversion, encourage visitors to spend more and deliver a more engaging and memorable online experience.
Included are a wealth of links to expert articles, case studies and tools to help retailers understand their visitors, prioritise improvement opportunities and begin implementing and testing site changes to increase key performance indicators.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for e-commerce professionals working on both mid-level and enterprise scale operations, involving large ranges of products across multiple categories, who want to adopt and implement best practice usability principles across the shopping experience.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for search, navigation & browsing
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for product page design
- Determine how shopping bag design can be improved to increase click-through to checkout
- Understand essential usability & persuasion techniques for delivering an intuitive, streamlined checkout process, for new and returning visitors
- Gain first hand, up-to-the-minute insights from blue chip retailers from both the course leader and industry peers taking part in the training
What will I learn?
Introduction – challenges
- What are your key challenges?
- Industry insights and statistics
- Key principles which encourage visitors to buy
- The benefits & ROI of improving usability & persuasion in e-commerce
Search, Navigation & Browsing
- How can online shopping replicate and improve the offline experience?
- How can the search experience deliver an intuitive, engaging experience?
- How to present persuasive triggers through the browsing journey
- How to keep visitors in browsing and buying mode
- What are the most influential and persuasive elements to include on your product page?
- How to focus visitors attention on what is most important for them and you
- How to encourage visitors to buy more than they intended to
- Overview of designing for persuasion, emotion and trust
- Understanding the most influential persuasive techniques through the online journey
- Learn ways to emotionalise your proposition and empathise with visitors
- Understand the importance of trust and ways to build and maintain it through the online journey
- What is the objective of the shopping bag?
- How to remove friction and encourage checkout
- Introduce persuasive techniques to nudge visitors towards checkout
- Advanced techniques which provide a more intuitive experience
- Understand the most common and damaging causes of checkout abandonment
- Why to enclose checkout and how best to deliver this
- How to encourage more first time customers to become loyal account customers
- Why checkout form usability is crucial to the success of your site
- Why testing & optimisation are the next big thing
User Experience Director, PRWD
Paul Rouke is a consultant and trainer in usability, customer research & conversion optimisation with over 12 years experience working with blue-chip brands. Brands that have benefited from Paul’s expertise include Speedo, Lakeland, Monsoon Accessorize, AllSaints, Molton Brown, Stella McCartney, Bank of America, Booking.com, Manchester Tourist Board, Footasylum, Oxfam, British Cycling, Mothercare, Argos, House of Fraser, Waitrose, Barclays & American Express.Paul runs usability and conversion optimisation consultancy PRWD and is one of the most respected Econsultancy trainers in these specialist areas. Paul also delivers training across Europe in areas of e-commerce usability, persuasion & conversion optimisation for pure-play and multi-channel retailers.
He is extremely passionate about both delivering conversion & profit improvements and sharing best practice usability and persuasion, with a particular focus on improving the performance of ecommerce platforms.
Paul regularly publishes articles on usability and conversion optimisation including writing for Econsultancy, and all these articles are available online at http://bit.ly/CROresources.
Paul can also be seen speaking at conferences in the UK and Europe alongside speakers from some of world’s most respected brands such as Google, Microsoft and Apple.
email@example.com 020 7269 1470
If you're looking for further insight into e-commerce best practice, we also run relevant courses including Innovation and Leadership in E-commerce Organisations, and Online Merchandising - Selling in the Digital Age.