Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This intensive two-day course is a great place to start your digital marketing training. It provides a complete overview of the digital marketing landscape, including all of the essential disciplines, how they fit together and how to assess what’s right for your strategy and where you need further in-depth learning.
Fast Track Digital Marketing is Econsultancy’s most popular course globally and has been updated for 2015 to take into account the challenges organizations face in digital marketing.
This course helps make sense of the changing digital landscape by examining the technological evolution that has driven social and behavioral change. A strategic approach will be presented to help everyone involved in digital approach its themes with rigor.
The aim of this course is to equip delegates with the confidence, tools and techniques to build the right digital strategy for their organization. This includes:
- Search Engine Marketing (content) and Paid Search
- Display and Interactive Media
- Social Media - video, social media outreach, online PR
- Affiliate marketing
- Usability and Web Design
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
Course Requirements: Laptop or tablet device
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those in traditional and offline marketing who are looking to broaden their knowledge of online marketing channels, or those with experience in specific digital disciplines, looking for a more wholesome and comprehensive understanding. We also encourage those who have been working in digital for some time but want to set their experiences into context and discover new approaches.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Have an understanding of the general changes in marketing in the digital age rather than ‘digital’ as an additional channel to cope with
- Have the confidence to use digital marketing as a part of your marketing mix
- Learn structures and frameworks to help plan your digital marketing efforts and help integrate them
- Have an expert trainer at your fingertips to answer questions and explore the immediate challenges you’re facing, as well as the opportunity to network and learn from others
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Utilize acquisition and retention tools in order to deliver an efficient digital marketing strategy
- Try out all the key techniques for yourself using a range of tricks, tips, website tools, links and handy guides
- Approach the commissioning of digital services with more knowledge and confidence and be able to deflect trendy jargon
- Approach the future of digital marketing with confidence
- Return to your job with a solid list of ‘to dos’ to get on with
What will I learn?
This course is broken down into the following modules, most of which include either exercises or case studies for you to work through.
- Setting the Scene
- What do we mean by digital marketing?
- Why integration is important
- Key terms and definitions
- Who is online?
- How do people use the internet?
- Knowing your customers - external resources
- Knowing your customers - internal data
- Planning and Strategy
- What is different about planning online?
- Some planning models to build with
- Budgeting - why it is different in digital marketing
- A few legal considerations
- Gathering Data
- Why you need to identify individuals
- What data do you need to gather?
- Click-stream data - you are what you click
- Website Design and Usability
- Setting objectives
- Planning your website - functionality, navigation and content
- Customer personas and customer journeys
- Copywriting for the web
- Usability testing - how to make sure things are working
- What's new - on-demand video, mash-ups, user generated content
- Tracking and Measurement
- What can you measure and how do you measure
- What does 'good' look like - key metrics
- Traffic-driving - advertising, search, email, affiliates and referrals
- Web measurement - what you can track and how you can use it
- Testing in Digital Marketing
- Why online is a testing paradise
- How do you test?
- What can you test?
- Creative Considerations
- How is writing for the web different to offline?
- Costs, skills and time-scales - how to manage the creative process
- Tone of voice guidelines
- An integrated creative experience from offline to online
- Some great websites and emails to get you thinking
- The Digital Marketing Toolkit
- Display Advertising – pricing, creative and optimization
- SEO - what is it and how do you do it better?
- Paid Search – what is it and how do you do it better?
- Affiliate Marketing - what is it and how do you do it better?
- Email marketing - acquisition and retention
- Viral Marketing - why it's hard to get right
- Online PR - what are the secrets?
- Interactive TV - what can it do for your business?
- Mobile - acquisition and retention...anywhere!
- Other acquisition tools - gaming, blogging, podcasting
- Key considerations for digital marketers
- What will the future hold?
- How to build the dream online strategy
- Further reading and sites to keep an eye on
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.