Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Research by Econsultancy has shown that over 70% of companies now use Google Analytics systems to report online performance. However, frequently the tool hasn't been configured to tailor reports to make full use of its capabilities and drive business results.
This practical small group workshop will help you get the most out of Google Analytics to improve your tracking, website and marketing campaign efficiency. Submit your own site during the workshop, and you'll have an opportunity to have it reviewed, with recommendations on "quick win" improvements for you to consider made by the expert trainer.
This workshop focuses on applying Google Analytics for site conversion optimisation through advanced configuration and customization of reports. If you are using another tool, the best practice recommendations on campaign and page design improvements will still be relevant.
The core part of this course gives recommendations on best practice to improve customer journeys and conversion paths across common page types. These include the home page, product category and detail pages, search pages and, of course, landing pages. You'll also learn how to review and improve the quality of different types of visitor source including referrals from traditional and social media, SEO, PPC and email marketing.
This session also has an interactive, small-group format which is designed to enable sharing of tips and techniques plus expert review and recommendations of your sites and campaigns by the course tutor. Sites reviewed as examples of best practice will include a range of consumer and business lead generation and transactional sales sites including retail, travel, financial services, publishing and business-to-business.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own please contact us to reserve a rental laptop at a cost of £50+VAT.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone responsible for increasing online leads and sales from a website. The analysis techniques and best practice approaches discussed will help all types of site owners from online sales and marketing managers, customer acquisition managers, content owners or editors and specialists in usability, design and analytics.
Please note that this is an advanced course and it is recommended that you should be familiar with the basic principles of effective digital campaigns, usability and web analytics.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure Google Analytics to best report and improve performance of your campaigns and website
- Audit your site using web analytics reports and expert review techniques to identify "quick win" conversion improvements across key page types including the home page, category and product pages
- Define improvements to different page elements for key conversion page types including landing pages, search results pages and, if applicable, faceted navigation, shopping basket and checkout pages
- Refine your messaging hierarchy and use persuasive copywriting techniques to maximize conversion for response pages
- Ensure improvements to page template elements such as site navigation, headings, copy, videos and images are consistent with SEO Best Practice to attract visitors from Google's natural listings
- Improve integration of your site with different online and offline campaign referrers
- Create a structured testing plan for a site to improve results through AB and multivariate testing
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- How best to engage first time and repeat visitors to reduce bounce rate
- What to watch for when performing clickstream analysis such as forward and reverse path analysis
- Recommendations on the best advanced and custom reports to use to segment visitors by traffic source to understand their behaviour
- Integrating Web 2.0 approaches such as personalization, reviews, ratings, social bookmarking, video and other widgets into your site
- How to maximize landing page, basket and checkout conversion rates
- How to plan and manage AB and multivariate testing of pages using tools such as Google Website Optimizer
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our Professional Development team at email@example.com or 0207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.