Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Great digital customer experiences lead to increases in conversion, loyalty and advocacy. This course will help you to make the business case for – and then actually plan and design – improved customer experiences.
This three-day Intensive programme offers a deep-dive into customer experience and offers immediate, practical benefits and a theoretical understanding without the need for long-term commitment.
- Expert trainers
- Practical exercises
- Resources to support the training
- Certificate of completion
‘Learn by doing’ is a large part of this three-day programme. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in lots of practical exercises (both individual and team-based) that will allow you to develop and apply your knowledge.
You’ll also be encouraged to build your own ‘Action Plan’ to support you when you’re back in the office.
Course Requirements: Use of a laptop or tablet is recommended.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone involved in creating or managing customer experiences. We have, for example, had great reviews from delegates that came from the fields of:
- Graphic design
- Project management
- User experience
- Service planning
- Product/service management
Intensives are ideal for professional marketers looking to develop a new skillset or deepen their knowledge in a particular discipline.
They are also ideal for teams embarking on a new project where it’s important that there’s a strong, shared understanding of customer experience principles.
How will I benefit?
On successful completion students will be able to:
- Sell the benefits of delivering an enhanced customer experience
- Develop a customer experience strategy for their organisation
- Design a customer experience that benefits from best practice approaches
- Evaluate a customer experience based on best practice
- Select the research and testing techniques that are most appropriate to your situation
- Plan and conduct your own research and testing
What will I learn?
- Definitions: what is customer experience?
- How do people behave online?
- Business case
- Philosophy – how should we approach design?
- Goals & metrics
- User centred design – a framework for delivering enhanced customer experience
- Personas and user journeys
- Personalisation and customisation
- Multi-channel experiences
- App types (native, hybrid and web)
- Approaches to mobile (responsive, adaptive and mobile first)
- Principles of good research
- Comparing various research techniques, including
- Focus groups
- Card sorting
Usability and user experience (UX)
- Principles of good design, including…
- Expectations and consistency
- User feedback
- User control
- Structure & clutter
- Information scent
- Guidelines & design patterns, including…
- Home page
- Campaign landing pages
Increase the persuasive power of your message or design. We use lots of real world examples covering issues such as:
- Commitment & consistency
- Social proof
- Paradox of choice
Writing for the web
Best practices to help make your writing as effective as possible. We cover lots of issues, including:
- Page summary
- Sentences and paragraphs
- Tone of voice
Information architecture (IA)
- IA components
- Information-seeking behaviours
- Organisation schemes
- Labelling schemes
- Documentation and visualisation
Best practices on designing small-screen experiences on mobile devices. Topics that we cover include…
- Download speed
- Lack of hover state
- Touch targets
- Orientation change
- Gesture support
- Data input
- Different types of prototype
- Comparing the different methods and techniques
- Best practices to plan, execute and analyse your tests
- In this section, we highlight some ideas and concepts that we think might make a big impact in the near future.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.