About the course
Defining a Marketing Operations (MO) strategy and setting up a Marketing Centre of Excellence (COE) does not necessarily solve all the problems that large brands are facing within an increasingly complex marketing landscape. Unless stakeholders buy into the MO strategy and adopt the Centre of Excellence, it will be hard to achieve the expected benefits.
It is therefore important to track how local markets or separate business divisions, both on the brand and agency side, adopt the COE, engage with each other and comply with the operational strategy.
This course is designed to provide senior managers on both the client and agency side with the tools to facilitate the adoption of the COE and the implementation of the MO strategy. This course goes further to identify approaches to ensure there is a long-term engagement at the local level and to track compliance with the operations strategy.
Through a combination of lectures and interactive workshops, this course will provide you with the necessary tools to achieve these objectives.
Who should attend?
This course follows on from Marketing Operations: Fundamentals (although it can also be attended by those people who already have an understanding of marketing operations principles), as such it should be attended by mid to senior level marketers with large brands as well as Senior Account Managers and Senior Directors handling large accounts on the agency side.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this training, you will:
- Be able to identify the incentives that will support a strong engagement between the agency and the client and a faster adoption of the COE
- Help affected stakeholders with adopting a marketing operations strategy and a Centre of Excellence
- Understand the compliance requirements for both agency and client stakeholders affected by the COE and how to identify non-compliance
What will I learn?
How to ensure a successful long-term engagement between stakeholders at the local or business unit level
- Identify the incentives to encourage adoption of the COE and a close collaboration between client and agency teams
- Provide a clear set of responsibilities for the COE teams at the strategic and execution levels
How to track adoption by local markets or business units
How to manage compliance
- Defining compliance requirements for both client and agency teams
- Proactively identify potential challenges and ways to resolve
Founder and MD, Lapis Angularis
Adele Ghantous is the founder of Lapis Angularis, a consultancy helping marketing organisations create efficiencies through standardising marketing technology and processes, improving the measurement of campaign activities and providing a framework of compliance and governance.
Adele has 15 years experience in the digital space, and has always been at the forefront of developing new technologies and innovative solutions. Her career in the interactive space started with launching one of the pioneering high-speed internet services over fibre optic back in 1997, after which she joined DoubleClick in product management, working on one of the leading global email marketing platforms. Following that, she spent several years with WPP agencies, driving marketing transformation through the set-up of marketing operations centres of excellence for Wunderman’s global clients like Microsoft and Nokia, and for the various WPP media agencies.
She has an MBA from McGill University.