About the course
With the increasing complexity in the marketing landscape, many marketers are finding it extremely challenging to manage their teams and their partner agencies effectively, cost efficiently, and within policy. Stakeholders on the client side operate in silos, while the creative, media, and activation agencies fail to collaborate due to competitive concerns, and a lack of visibility of each other’s activities. In this environment, the cost of acquisition is increasing and the ROI is more difficult to measure.
This course is designed to help you overcome the challenges of a complex marketing environment by introducing you to the principles of Marketing Operations (MO), usually implemented within a Marketing Center of Excellence (COE). You'll learn about the standard objectives and structure of the COE, how it helps streamline the Client-Agency process and how to ensure compliance to data, privacy, branding and other policies.
Through a combination of lectures and interactive workshops, this course will provide you with the basic understanding of MO, its key benefits and the tools you can use to establish some quick wins.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for mid- to senior level marketers with large brands as well as agency side Senior Account Managers and Account Directors handling large global accounts. It is particularly suited for managers responsible for the delivery of campaigns in a complex environment, e.g. cross-channel or across markets.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this training, you will:
Have a better idea of MO principles
- Understand the COE and its importance to a successful client-agency partnership
- Understand how the COE fits within a standard campaign workflow and how it helps with the sharing of learnings and best practices
- Have learned the basics of what it will take to set up a COE for your organisation
What will I learn?
The Impact of the increasing marketing complexity on campaign delivery, specifically:
- The ability to reach your customers in an increasingly digital, mobile world
- The difficulty to get campaigns delivered with an increasing number of stakeholders
Why MO and the COE are must-have tools for both the Client and the Agency
- What the COE is
- Who are the key stakeholders
- How it works
- Basic steps to get started with your own COE
The Benefits of the COE, specifically
- Enabling the sharing of learnings and best practices
- The types of efficiencies that could be achieved
- Improving the measurement of the ROI
- Reducing the risk of breaching policies
Founder and MD, Lapis Angularis
Adele Ghantous is the founder of Lapis Angularis, a consultancy helping marketing organisations create efficiencies through standardising marketing technology and processes, improving the measurement of campaign activities and providing a framework of compliance and governance.
Adele has 15 years experience in the digital space, and has always been at the forefront of developing new technologies and innovative solutions. Her career in the interactive space started with launching one of the pioneering high-speed internet services over fibre optic back in 1997, after which she joined DoubleClick in product management, working on one of the leading global email marketing platforms. Following that, she spent several years with WPP agencies, driving marketing transformation through the set-up of marketing operations centres of excellence for Wunderman’s global clients like Microsoft and Nokia, and for the various WPP media agencies.
She has an MBA from McGill University.