Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Digital project management is a key skill, projects won’t be successful by themselves. There are often competing priorities, the scope isn’t fully defined and then keeps on growing.
This two-day course will provide you with a good grounding in all areas of digital project management. By tailoring an agile approach to digital projects, you will be able to plan your project, handle evolving requirements, manage communications and assess progress.
The key starting point for digital project management is knowing what you need to build, when by and for how much. But that’s not enough. During the project you need to determine if it’s still on track—and if not, what to do about it. You need to keep the team and stakeholders happy. Ideally you want to deliver the maximum value in the shortest time.
This course covers the full project management lifecycle, including:
• Defining the project and scope
• Prioritising and estimating features
• Creating the timeline and budget
• Working out the resources you need
• Identifying and engaging stakeholders
• Project kick-off
Development and monitoring:
• Running the project day to day
• Reporting from the team
• Reporting to the stakeholders
• Tracking progress
• Handling change and ‘scope creep’
• Looking out for and dealing with common problems
• Methodologies: Waterfall vs Agile and how to get the best of both
• Getting the best from your team
• Reducing risk
• Delivering incrementally
• Successful deployment
• Project management tools
Course Requirements: Use of a laptop or tablet is recommended.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for managers or marketers who want to discover how project management tools and techniques can deliver projects on-brief, on-time and on-budget. It would also benefit project managers looking for ways to achieve greater business benefit and flexibility, without relinquishing control, and anyone with an expanding web portfolio looking to manage resources more effectively.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Quickly and effectively capture and get agreement on project objectives and requirements
• Plan the project so that you know timing, cost and required resources
• Monitor project progress and adapt as necessary
• Handling changes
• Handling stakeholder communications and engagement
• Ensure that the project delivery is of high quality
• Be aware of common pitfalls and how to avoid them
Upon completion of this course, you will also know about:
• How an Agile process can be tailored to managing digital projects
• How ideas from “The Lean Startup” relate to digital projects
• Good practices for team management
• Easy ways to monitor progress and predict if your project is forecast to deliver on time and on budget
• Practical ways to capture requirements using personas, user journeys and “stories”
• Typical project failure patterns and how to avoid them.
What will I learn?
The course is divided into modules, each with slides, discussion and group exercises:
Defining the project
• Anatomy of a digital project
• Defining the project brief
• Initial Scoping
• Target Audience
• Goals, Objectives, Targets and KPIs
• The Lean Startup: Build, Measure, Learn
• Defining the scope and functionality
• Maximising value for money
• Design: what, when, how (and how much to do when)
• Defining an Information Architecture
• Risks and Contingency
• Planning, costs and timeline
• Communicating with and engaging stakeholders
• Project management methodologies
• Using timeboxed “sprints”
• Day-to-day activities
• Empowering the team
• Maximising productivity
• Monitor and reporting on progress
• Maintaining quality
• Managing and mitigating risks
Tools & Testing
• Project management tools
• Preparing for deployment
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our Professional Development team at email@example.com or 0207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.