About the course
Delve deeper into online copywriting best practice with our Advanced course. This course tackles the more complex areas of online copywriting, using lots of real-world examples and in-depth exercises.
The day includes some substantial and challenging exercises. Because of this, there is rarely any single ‘correct answer’ – prompting valuable group discussion of the varying options available to the author.
Participants should bring a laptop to support the rewrite exercises.
Our 1-day course will support you in finding ways to improve and manage your organisation’s online copywriting efforts (across all devices).
• Briefs – giving your copywriters what they need to do a great job
• Structuring content – making information easier to find and understand
• Concision - making long pages more concise
• Tone of voice – developing tone of voice for a company
• Managing a team – supporting a team to deliver great online copy
• Productivity tools – ideas to make content-creation easier
• Page-level (advanced) exercises – (example: product/services pages)
• Bonus (advanced) guidelines & exercises – (example: social media)
We will give you the tools you need to drive your organisation’s online copywriting forward!
Course Requirements: Use of a laptop or tablet is optional.
Who should attend?
This course assumes that you have already attended – or are very familiar with the material covered by our intermediate online copywriting course.
Both copywriters and their managers/clients would get great value from attending this course.
How will I benefit?
After attending our online copywriting training course, you'll be able to:
• Give your copywriters a better brief, allowing them to give you better copy!
• Evaluate online content from a deeper perspective (including its structure between and within pages)
• Make content more concise, much more easily!
• Develop a rigorous tone of voice for your organisation
• Manage your copywriting team to produce consistently excellent work
• Find ways to make the creation of online content easier and cheaper
• Optimise online content for search engines, email, accessibility and social media
• Train online copywriters within your organisation
What will I learn?
Lots of advice, real-world examples and re-write exercises help make this course essential for anyone interested in sharpening their organisation’s online copywriting. Some of the topics we cover include:
- Structuring content
- Tone of voice
Guidelines & in-depth exercises developing a tone of voice for an example company.
- Productivity tools
Ideas for content
Recycling your content
- Page-level (advanced) exercises
- Bonus (advanced) guidelines & exercises…
Search Engine Optimisation (including AuthorRank)
Author, Trainer and Independent ConsultantTim Fidgeon is one of the UK’s leading digital trainers and consultants. He holds an MSc in Human-Computer Interaction and has been helping organisations develop market-leading digital strategies, experiences and content since the late 90s. After leading the User Experience teams for several large digital agencies, he is now a freelance trainer and consultant.