Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
As e-commerce matures and customers are trained by your competitors to expect more, marketing and commercial professionals must be able to satisfy customers whilst also increasing profits.
James Gurd, a thought-leader in e-commerce, heads up this course examining online merchandising. This course takes a whole-business approach to the art of selling online, from promises made to customers, right through to post-purchase selling.
This intensive course is focused on ensuring you understand the fundamentals of online selling, guiding you through a framework for online merchandising. From product selection and presentation, through search, sorting, filtering and promotions, to an introduction of rule-based merchandising, we will explain the key approaches to merchandising with relevant examples and case studies.
The day considers selling 'in the round': from the promises made to customers through to post-purchase selling. We also place online selling in the context of offline selling (store, catalogue and telephone) as well as within a performance framework, suggesting some KPIs to assess progress based on a test-measure-optimise approach to selling.
The multichannel, commercial approach will allow participants to communicate the benefits of a whole-business approach to selling online, as well as measuring and sharing the success.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop or tablet is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own please contact us to reserve a rental laptop at a cost of £50 + VAT.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted at beginner/intermediate level, and is ideal for anyone interested in improving their approach to selling effectiveness online. Examples include: senior marketers responsible for the sales performance of the e-commerce channel but who don’t have direct merchandising experience; junior and mid-level online merchandisers interested in planning for increased sales effectiveness; offline merchandisers looking to understand the capabilities and demands of modern online selling and systems; or heads of e-commerce looking to lead team improvements in selling and wanting to compare their team’s capabilities with a good practice framework.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the framework for online merchandising and examples of good practice that you can apply to your business
- Place online selling in the context of your wider customer communications strategy, communicating your channel's needs and benefits to colleagues in your business.
- Specify, plan and implement rules-based online selling; testing, measuring and improving performance.
- Understand and be able to apply a KPI/performance-led approach to selling
What will I learn?
The course covers:
Fundamentals of Online Merchandising
- The impact of your brand and customer proposition on merchandising success
- The essential problems to solve in online merchandising
- Getting your product data to the best possible standards
- Basic presentation - search, filter, sort orders, promotion - and the opportunities and problems presented
- Promotional strategies and their demands on online merchandising systems
- How to use exit intent and remarketing to extend your merchandising shelf life
Key Metrics and Performance Indicators
- A review of the traditional metrics for stock and sales performance and their applicability to online
- Online-only metrics
- Important Key Performance Indicators
Online Merchandising Techniques and Considerations
- Rule-based or algorithmic systems
- Behavioural profiling to drive rules
- Use of personae
- A:B testing in online merchandising
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our training team at email@example.com or +44 (0)207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.