Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
As e-commerce matures and customers are trained by your competitors to expect more, marketing and commercial professionals must be able to satisfy customers whilst also increasing profits.
Jsames Gurd, a thought-leader in e-commerce, heads up this course examining online merchandising. This course takes a whole-business approach to the art of selling online, from promises made to customers, right through to post-purchase selling.
This intensive course covers the entire breadth of online selling - from product selection and presentation, through search, sorting, filtering and promotions, to an introduction of advanced rule-based merchandising. We will also consider product-specific presentation needs and the test-measure-optimise approach to selling.
The day considers selling 'in the round': from the promises made to customers through to post-purchase selling. We also place online selling in the context of offline selling (store, catalogue and telephone) as well as within a performance framework, suggesting some KPIs to assess progress.
The multichannel, commercial approach will allow participants to communicate the benefits of a whole-business approach to selling online, as well as measuring and sharing the success.
Course Requirements: Use of a laptop or tablet is optional.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in improving their approach to selling effectiveness online. Examples include: senior marketers responsible for the sales performance of the e-commerce channel; online merchandisers interested in planning for increased sales effectiveness; offline merchandisers looking to understand the capabilities and demands of modern online selling and systems; or heads of e-commerce looking to lead team improvements in selling.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Specify, plan and implement rules-based online selling; testing, measuring and improving performance.
- Understand and be able to apply a KPI/performance-led approach to selling
- Place online selling in the context of multichannel selling, communicating your channel's needs and benefits to colleagues in your business.
What will I learn?
The course covers:
Introduction to Online Merchandising
- The essential problems to solve in online merchandising
- Getting the products to the web - data, planning, ranging, preparation - "ready and available to sell"
- Basic presentation - search, filter, sort orders, promotion - and the opportunities and problems presented
- Data requirements - product information management, imagery, attributes, metadata and the complexities of structured products, selling groups and configuration
- Promotional strategies and their demands on online merchandising systems
- Integration with offline promotional activity
Key Metrics and Performance Indicators
- A review of the traditional metrics for stock and sales performance and their applicability to online
- Online-only metrics
- Key Performance Indicators
Advanced Online Merchandising Techniques and Considerations
- Rule-based or algorithmic systems
- Behavioural profiling to drive rules
- Use of personae
- A:B testing in online merchandising
The Online Merchandising Ecosystem
- Interaction of Online Merchandising with SEO and PPC
- Interaction of Online Merchandising with the affiliate channel
- Interaction of Online Merchandising with behavioural/profiling systems
- Interaction of rules with imaging systems and presentation options
- Cross-channel implications - merchandising rules based on stock availability, store stock, virtual stock and quality of service.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.