Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Why do we buy? Why do we click a call to action or sign up for a newsletter? Why do we do what we do? We like to think we make rational decisions, but it is more complicated than that.
Understanding why people behave as they do and what influences decisions will transform your site. It will lead to higher conversion rates, greater return on investment and happier customers.
This course will draw upon disciplines such as sales, marketing and psychology. This will give you a unique insight into how we make decisions. It will show you how simple techniques can make your design more persuasive and more effective.
This course will not teach you how to manipulate people into doing what they don’t want to do. But it will teach you how to nudge them towards taking action.
It will help you understand the factors that influence how people respond to your website. Factors that determine how they react to the choices you present them. Understanding these factors will have a major impact on your conversion rate.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop or tablet is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own please contact us to reserve a rental laptop at a cost of £50+VAT.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for designers, marketers and product managers. Those who are responsible for improving the conversion rates of websites. It is for anybody who seeks to better understand their customers and how design choices impact our decision making.
How will I benefit?
When you have completed this course you will:
- Understand the key factors that impact our decision making process.
- Be able to avoid the pitfalls that may undermine trust and discourage action.
- Implement design techniques that nudge users towards action.
- Evaluate websites and other digital channels for their impact on persuasion.
- Write more effective, engaging copy that builds trust and elicits action.
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- An introduction to psychology and how we make decisions.
- What elicits or undermines trust in a website.
- The core principles of designing persuasive interfaces.
- Principles of compelling copy.
- Evaluating existing websites to identify how they could be more persuasive.
- How to create more compelling calls to action.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our training team at email@example.com or +44 (0)207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.