About the course
The process of building your reputation in the eyes of the search engines continues to grow in importance and complexity. Many of the failsafe tactics of just a few years ago will not only no longer work, but may result in you moving backwards rather than forwards. The new world of link building requires creativity and ingenuity but also the ability to understand how SEO can better interact with complimentary disciplines like PR, content strategy and social media.
This course will help you navigate those changes and equip you with the strategic framework and tactical understanding to build a future-proof SEO and Link Building campaign.
Course Requirements: Use of a laptop or tablet is optional.
Who should attend?
SEOs wanting to learn the creative side of the discipline. PRs and marketers wanting to adapt to the demands of linkbuilding and SEO.
What will I learn?
Planning and Strategy
- Establishing link building goals and KPI's
- Assessing ROI from link building activity
- Managing link building agencies or teams
- Understanding the risks and challenges
Link Building Post Google Penguin Update
- Effective link building methods
- Unnatural links that can do more harm than good
- Removing potentially damaging links
- How to deal with link penalties
- Manual versus algorithmic link penalties
- Getting anchor text distribution right
- Editorial link building - working with journalists and bloggers
- Advanced use of link building tools and software
- Optimising internal links and site architecture
Social Signals As Ranking Factors
- How social signals differ from traditional ranking factors
- Running experiments with social ranking factors
- Differences between social channels and what data influences SEO
Social Media And Link Building
- Link building outreach through social
- Promoting linkbait through social
- Using social to influence content strategy
The Future Of SEO And Link Building
- SEO trends to watch in the next 12 months
Kelvin Newman is responsible for iTunes’ most popular internet marketing podcast, downloaded by over million people. On the show he’s collaborated with a number of the world’s most respected marketers including Seth Godin, Tim Ferris, Danny Sullivan & Jakob Nielsen.
Kelvin has delivered presentations across the UK & Europe at events like A4U, SMX London and SASCON, regularly contributes to State of Search & Econsultancy and is heavily involved with SiteVisibility’s innovative search marketing campaigns for clients such as Hotels.com, FindaProperty, Gala Bingo & uSwitch. He also runs the hugely oversubscribed BrightonSEO conference which sold out in 13 minutes and has written a free book on link building called Becoming a Clockwork Pirate. He also wrote number 1 & 2 of Econsultancy's top guest posts of 2011 about link building and Facebook marketing.
0207 269 1470, firstname.lastname@example.org