About the course
This one-day course is the UK’s most popular workshop for social media marketing practitioners.
It is ideal for practitioners of social media who would like to take their social media strategy to the next level.
The workshop comprises a mixture of trainer led presentation, practical techniques on laptops as a group and individual exercises and discussion. The trainer will cover more advanced planning, content, engagement and measurement techniques that delegates can take from the classroom back to the office as well as highlighting best practice usage by organisations and brands.
Course Requirements: A wi-fi enabled laptop or tablet is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own please contact us to reserve a rental laptop at a cost of £50+VAT.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for communications, marketing, public relations and ecommerce professionals who have been using social media within a business, marketing, communications or customer strategy for at least 1-2 years and wish to develop their social media strategy, skills and knowledge.
How will I benefit?
- Be able to apply a rigorous planning process to all stages of the social media lifecycle
- Create the optimum balance of paid, owned and earned visibility and engagement through social media
- Improve your engagement, content and risk mitigation techniques
- Be able to measure the success of your social media activity more effectively
What will I learn?
- Best practice, cutting-edge social media activity and examples from organisations and brands
- Advanced advocate, audience and influencer mapping techniques
- A strategic social media planning framework
- Integrating social into the organisation
- Social media - the law and minimising reputational risk
- An advanced review of the core social media channels and related tools with recommendations for best practice management approaches
- Social media measurement and advanced analysis
Michelle Goodall is an online communications specialist consultant and trainer. Her areas of expertise are Public Relations, Online Public Relations, Social Media, Issues Management, Community Management and Content Strategy
Formerly Digital Director at top 20 UK PR agency, Lexis Public Relations, she has over 14 years’ strategic communications consultancy and implementation experience working on award winning PR campaigns, social media strategies and issues management projects with many large organisations including London2012, RSPCA, Norwich Union, Coca Cola, TUI, Domino’s, eBay, Camelot, Diageo and Barclaycard.
Michelle understands how evolving digital technologies are affecting organisations and how traditional B2B and B2C marketing and communication models need to change.
She has helped many organisations evolve their business strategies to incorporate social media and to gear themselves for the opportunities and risks. Morag Reavely, New Media Manager at London2012 says, “Michelle has an amazing depth of knowledge of her subject area and is an outstanding communicator…she tailors each session to her audience, ensuring they get exactly what they need from the time invested. Michelle is a pleasure to work with from start to finish.”
Michelle’s has trained over 1,500 marketers in online communications and social media including in-house teams from the London2012, COI, CNN, Platinum Guild, Random House, Penguin, British Council and Phillips’ global customer service team.
She is a judge for the Direct Marketing Association and Econsultancy Innovation Annual Awards and a regular speaker. Listed in Freshnetworks Top 20 Social Media speakers and experts, Michelle is described as, “especially good at educating an audience to give them a common understanding of social media.”
Michelle (rarely) blogs at http://michellegoodall.posterous.com/ econsultancy.com/blog ,(frequently) tweets as @greenwellys on Twitter and can be found on LinkedIn
firstname.lastname@example.org; 0207 269 1470