About the course
Aimed at experienced marketers and brand managers, this one-day session will help you better understand how your businesses can integrate social media across all stages of the consumer journey to complement your other marketing communications. Social isn’t marketing, its how your brand behaves.
You’ll explore your own brand values and personality, and take a dive into social consumer insight techniques, which can help you better understand why people choose your product or service. In particular, attention will be paid to the reasons why your brand enriches their lives; how people behave around your brand and the dynamic occurring amongst these people.
During the workshop you’ll address the practicalities of how social media can play a part in the consumer journey from awareness to advocacy. Looking at how social compliments other more traditional marketing and you’ll consider evolving behaviours such as second-screen activity, and the potential “intrusive” aspects of social media advertising. You’ll have an opportunity to discuss the various consumer journey models and the hypothesis that a linear journey is now dead. The day finishes with a review of certain social platforms, with meaningful measures and KPIs.
The overall learning objective is to understand how social media can be deployed to best represent your brand across all consumer touch points. The day is broken down into 4 sub sections:
1. Brand and Consumer Shared Values: Finding the“sweet spot”
2. Consumer Insights: Social is one big focus group…without being steered.
3. The consumer journey: How social changes the dynamic at each stage
4. Social Platform Tactics: Practical examples of how various social platforms can be used.
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for those responsible for their organisation's marketing and brand strategy, and those who are familiar with their organisation’s multi-channel marketing strategy.
Attendees will already be familiar with all the most commonly used social platforms; and ideally be using them as individuals or for an organisation. Knowledge of onsite analytics and offsite buzz measurement is also highly recommended.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Validate you business’ go to marketing proposition, and ascertain how social can compliment your other marketing activities.
- Know how to obtain richer consumer insights using social graph information, to help with consumer segmentation based upon their passions, not just their demographic.
- Understand where social media can compliment other marketing communications to achieve the best results at every stage of the consumer journey.
- Understand how to measure social at each stage of the journey.
What will I learn?
- Brand and consumer shared value concept
- A look at the existing thinking of the customer journey from McKinsey and Harvard
- How to map the consumer journeys for your business
- Practical – each section of the day includes practical sessions to help make the learning specific to your role.
email@example.com; 020 7269 1470
If you're looking for an introduction to social media, we recommend attending our intermediate Social Media & Online PR course before taking part in the advanced session.