Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Usability and persuasion techniques are proven to increase e-commerce conversion rates. From search and navigation through to product pages, shopping bag and checkout, this course will arm you with a wealth of insights that you can begin using on your own e-commerce customer experience.
This engaging, audience participation course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of a wide variety of usability and persuasion techniques. The course presents a detailed look at how blue-chip and multi-channel retailers are using a wide range of persuasive design techniques to improve conversion, encourage visitors to spend more and deliver a more engaging and memorable online experience.
Included are a wealth of links to expert articles, case studies and tools to help retailers understand their visitors, prioritise improvement opportunities and begin implementing and testing site changes to increase key performance indicators.
Course Requirements: For this course use of a wi-fi enabled laptop is highly recommended.
Every attendee will gain access to a complimentary Econsultancy report valued at £600. Choose from over 500 reports covering in-depth best practice advice, market data and the latest digital trends.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for e-commerce professionals working on both mid-level and enterprise scale operations, involving large ranges of products across multiple categories, who want to adopt and implement best practice usability principles across the shopping experience.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for search, navigation & browsing
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for product page design
- Determine how shopping bag design can be improved to increase click-through to checkout
- Understand essential usability & persuasion techniques for delivering an intuitive, streamlined checkout process, for new and returning visitors
- Gain first hand, up-to-the-minute insights from blue chip retailers from both the course leader and industry peers taking part in the training
What will I learn?
Introduction – challenges
- What are your key challenges?
- Industry insights and statistics
- Key principles which encourage visitors to buy
- The benefits & ROI of improving usability & persuasion in e-commerce
Search, Navigation & Browsing
- How can online shopping replicate and improve the offline experience?
- How can the search experience deliver an intuitive, engaging experience?
- How to present persuasive triggers through the browsing journey
- How to keep visitors in browsing and buying mode
- What are the most influential and persuasive elements to include on your product page?
- How to focus visitors attention on what is most important for them and you
- How to encourage visitors to buy more than they intended to
- Overview of designing for persuasion, emotion and trust
- Understanding the most influential persuasive techniques through the online journey
- Learn ways to emotionalise your proposition and empathise with visitors
- Understand the importance of trust and ways to build and maintain it through the online journey
- What is the objective of the shopping bag?
- How to remove friction and encourage checkout
- Introduce persuasive techniques to nudge visitors towards checkout
- Advanced techniques which provide a more intuitive experience
- Understand the most common and damaging causes of checkout abandonment
- Why to enclose checkout and how best to deliver this
- How to encourage more first time customers to become loyal account customers
- Why checkout form usability is crucial to the success of your site
- Why testing & optimisation are the next big thing
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your team. In-company training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and you'll benefit from a more open environment to discuss your most pressing issues.
In-company delivery options start at £5,000 per day. Get in touch with our Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)207 970 4167 to find out more.
We are a registered provider with the CPD Standards Office. Delegates completing this course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance, which can be used within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer.