The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic is causing many companies to rethink their stances vis-à-vis remote working. Big tech names including Apple, Microsoft, Twitter and Square have decided to embrace remote working – something that seemed inconceivable just a year ago. In what is the latest and perhaps biggest vote of confidence in remote work, Facebook chief […]
1. Introduction Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, an increasing number of organisations is ordering their workforces to work from home for the foreseeable future, meaning many businesses and teams are facing new and unprecedented challenges. Econsultancy has created this Best Practice Guide to provide marketers with the essential techniques to empower successful and powerful remote […]
Nike’s experience demonstrates just how challenging the current environment is for even the strongest of brands and offers a sobering reminder of how even top retail digital performers are still often highly dependent on physical retail.
The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted just about every aspect of global business, and payments are no exception. Airlines, which have been among the hardest hit, are now even facing numerous class action lawsuits over their refusal to issue refunds to travelers who are unable to travel as planned due to canceled flights and government travel […]
Chi Evi-Parker is a senior marketing and digital leader who was previously Ecommerce Director at Monica Vinader, and before that the Director of Central Marketing at Travelex. We caught up with Evi-Parker to ask her about the shift to selling online during the pandemic, and what it might mean for the future.
Covid-19 has changed the world and there is little doubt that its effects will linger even after the worst of the pandemic is over. But precisely what will change? For leaders trying to make decisions about important matters — from product strategy to marketing investment — there has arguably never been a more difficult environment […]
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic is impacting every part of our lives, from the places we can go to the way we spend our time, to the priorities we have and the way we spend our money.
There was justifiable apprehension as GDPR’s introduction approached, not to mention plenty of blind panic as the clock ticked down. However, two years down the line we now have plenty of research which tells a more positive story.
Facebook recently announced the launch of Shops; a new feature that enables businesses to display and sell products on the platform. We reached out to some social experts for their opinions.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
With more organisations showing greater understanding of how AI and machine learning can be utilised, adoption is rising.
Today, optimizing for search is optimizing your customer’s experience. As people query a search engine on their laptop, ask a voice assistant for help, or use their mobile device to find nearby solutions to their needs, brands must be positioned to appear in these critical decision-making moments.
Copywriting is an often-overlooked but incredibly impactful art that, when done effectively, can have a hugely beneficial impact on ad click-throughs and campaign conversion rates.
1. Introduction Welcome to the June edition of our Digital Transformation Monthly report. At the time of writing, here in the UK, more than 10 weeks on from the introduction of lockdown measures, the ‘new normal’ is starting to feel… well, normal. We’re seeing a cautious relaxation of some lockdown restrictions, including offices requiring their […]
In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, many organisations have frozen spending plans and pulled funding as they try to cope with the adverse impact that the outbreak has had upon their business and revenue.
Foreword Welcome to Adobe’s Digital Trends report, our annual survey of marketing, advertising, ecommerce, creative and technology professionals around the world. Now in its 10th year, Digital Trends continues to reveal the most significant shifts in the industry that are driving marketing strategies, company investment and consumer behaviour. This 10th edition of the report gives […]
1. Introduction Modern marketing requires new skills for the digital age. As new technologies and channels have emerged and digital transformation has become a priority for organisations across all locations, sizes and industries, the demand for expertise in the likes of data, analytics, customer experience, content and personalisation has increased. With this demand often outstripping […]
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has dealt the booming influencer economy its first real setback. Despite the fact that social media usage is up, brands faced with the threat of a prolonged economic downturn are cutting their influencer marketing engagements. According to SocialBakers, UK posts using the hashtag #ad dropped by more than a third this […]
There has been a growing awareness in the west in recent years that we should look to China for the digital trends of the future, as it has become increasingly apparent that Chinese use of the internet, technology, ecommerce, social media and more is leagues ahead of ours.
As Econsultancy’s sister brand Influencer Intelligence has recently published a report on the impact of COVID-19 on influencer marketing, we thought we would also take a look at the topic.
Influencers are helping drive billions in sales in China and marketers are increasingly focusing their efforts on influencer marketing as a result.
Changing retail trends – in particular the rise of online shopping – are one of the biggest topics that we cover at Econsultancy and one that we’ve been writing about more or less since the beginning.
Amazon’s power continues to grow by leaps and bounds, and even brands that had shunned the online retail giant are deciding that they can’t afford not to sell through Amazon channels.
1. Introduction This report investigates the successes, strengths and challenges of Amazon and outlines what marketers across industries can learn from the retail giant. It will also consider what the future holds for Amazon and explore what marketers can learn from the company. With Amazon recently becoming a trillion-dollar company and the only one to […]
In 2020, Instagram is a major force in social media. With more than one billion active users every month, it is increasingly the place to be for many businesses who want to promote themselves – and since the introduction of Instagram Checkout in early 2019, a place for businesses to sell their products directly.
Last Spring, Lush UK announced that it would be closing its corporate social media channels, explaining that it was “tired of fighting algorithms” and that it did not want to “pay to appear” in customers’ news feeds.
Instagram has traditionally dominated the influencer marketing industry.
1. Introduction This guide has been written to complement Econsultancy’s Social Media Platforms Overview. Its purpose is to provide a framework for developing a social media strategy, as well as a summary of the main considerations for marketers when developing a strategic approach to social media marketing and communications. 1.1 About this report Over the […]