New technology is opening up further opportunities within ecommerce, as AR and 3D sizing solutions help online retailers to solve challenges around size and fit. Consumers are already shopping online more than ever before, of course, but these solutions could further accelerate the shift to ecommerce – particularly within fashion. The EY Consumer Index recently […]
It’s been a long and difficult 18 months for the beauty industry, but with retail stores and salons re-opening in May, the focus is now on getting back to business, and engaging consumers whose habits might have changed during lockdown.
This report identifies, analyses and evaluates emerging ecommerce trends and considers how brands can navigate them.
1. Introduction Each month, Econsultancy’s Digital Transformation Monthly report highlights the most important transformation stories arising from sectors from retail and grocery to finance, healthcare and travel. This month, we look at two new studies that present different perspectives on organisations’ digital aptitude: one from The Economist and Microsoft, which reveals that most companies were […]
1. Introduction Digital technologies have brought significant shifts in customer behaviour and competitive dynamics. This, in combination with the greater levels of unpredictability in customer, societal and market contexts as a result of the pandemic, mean that many businesses are facing unprecedented challenges. Thriving in this new environment requires an organisational culture that is both […]
1. Introduction This report is designed to provide marketers and innovation practitioners with practical guidance and advice on how to apply key principles and behaviours that sit at the heart of agile ways of working in order to support innovation and experimentation as well as greater organisational and team agility. With societal, market, competitive and […]
1. Introduction Technological advancement, human ingenuity and data – lots of it – underpins digital transformation. But what data should marketers collect? And how should it be structured? This abridged version of Econsultancy’s Digital Transformation and the Role of Data Best Practice Guide aims to help marketers better understand data within the wider scope of […]
A super app is the name given to a type of app that allows the user to accomplish a number of different things in a single ecosystem, by housing a range of ‘mini’ applications under one roof. The format was pioneered by chat app WeChat (Weixin in China), which introduced a feature called ‘mini-programs’ in […]
A suddenly hot segment of the crypto world has taken the internet economy by storm and created a potentially huge opportunity for brands.
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic is impacting every part of our lives, from the places we can go to the way we spend our time, to the priorities we have and the way we spend our money.
Breaking into the Chinese market is a notorious challenge for many overseas brands, despite the appeal. Here’s how D2C footwear brand Allbirds has adapted to China.
At Econsultancy Live 2020, a two-day virtual conference focused on the opportunities and challenges of the ecommerce boom, Colin Lewis broke down the key trends in Chinese ecommerce that western marketers need to be aware of.
How does Pinduoduo do social commerce? What are the secrets to its success? And is there anything that other companies – both within China and in the west – can learn from it?
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. Introduction Marketers have long had an increasing focus on the value that data can bring to the discipline. With the heightened impact of technology on marketing, and the growing adoption and sophistication of marketing automation, it has become ever more critical for marketers to understand how to derive value from the data that they have […]
How is AI being utilised in marketing? How might it be used in the near future? And what does this mean for marketers?