Introduction Voice assistants and voice interfaces are becoming increasingly embedded into our everyday lives. Each new wave of technology brings new ways for us to talk to our devices. From smartphones, which brought us the first modern digital voice assistant Siri, to smart speakers such as Amazon Echo and Google Home, to the emerging generation […]
Webinar: Voice Search - Where is it going in 2019?
Econsultancy’s Trends Webinar for May 2019 will look at the global landscape of voice search and the technology that is driving it, as well as different scenarios for how it could evolve, and how marketers can take advantage of them.
It will examine the limitations and opportunities inherent in voice as a form of search, and what this means for voice search – and voice marketing – now and in the future.
May 23rd 2019: 2pm BST | 9am EST
Latest Research, Trends and Best Practice
Introduction Welcome to the first Digital Outlook report published by Econsultancy. This hype-free report draws on expert opinion in industry, as well as our research, to pick out topics that marketers may not have engaged with in 2018, but perhaps should do in 2019. The topics discussed are mostly tactical, highlighting emerging technology and processes […]
1. Introduction “Big companies forget about local. Small businesses need local SEO to survive.” Andrew Cock-Starkey, SEO Consultant, Optimisey For single location businesses as well as global franchise operations, location is becoming increasingly important. When done well, local SEO has the potential to drive significant traffic to a brand website or to a storefront or […]
1. Foreword Before the launch of the iPhone in 2007, and for some years after that, ‘mobile’ was perceived as a standalone channel, deserving a dedicated strategy, budget and team. Now that ‘mobile’ has become infused into every aspect of digital marketing, no longer considered as a distinct channel, do marketers still need a standalone […]
1. About this Guide 1.1. How this guide is structured Econsultancy’s series of best practice guides have been created for professionals who typically work in marketing or ecommerce roles. The guides steer readers to ensure that projects and strategies are executed in the right way for optimal results. This guide to mobile and web user […]
1. Introduction This guide has been written to help the retail sector’s heads of customer experience, CCOs, CMOs, senior marketers, heads of digital and CIOs to move along the omnichannel journey towards omnichannel excellence. Its purpose is to give brands an understanding of the current retail landscape, which key challenges they need to address and […]
Voice Search: why you shouldn't just optimise for Google
There have been a number of important developments in the realm of voice search over the past 12 months, from the advent of speakable schema to the growing install base of smart speakers and other voice assistant-augmented smart devices, such as smart fridges and smart microwaves.
This Briefing looks at how marketers can start preparing for a world where voice is more widespread.
Looking for voice search statistics and market insight?
Browse, save and export voice-related statistics and charts collated in Econsultancy’s online Internet Statistics Database. Constantly updated to reflect the latest findings.
Webinar: How to Optimise Your Business for Voice Search
It is predicted that by 2020, 50% of all searches will be completed via either speech or image search, and that the use of voice-enabled speakers will increase by 130%.
This webinar, in association with Yext, offers tips for increasing discoverability in voice search, such as:
- How to improve rankings in search results
- How to decide what actions and skills are best suited for your business
- How to prepare for future changes in voice device
From the Blog
The consumerization of healthcare has organizations in the market rethinking the ways they engage with patients.
Here’s a quick thought experiment.
Remember when Google introduced an unsubtle ‘plug’ for the Beauty and the Beast live action film to Google Home devices, and was met with widespread outcry?
There has been no shortage of studies conducted, and statistics produced, about the usage and growth of voice search.
Voice emerged as one of the most important trends of 2018. Driven by the growing use of voice-enabled devices, such as Amazon and Google’s smart speakers, many companies have started exploring the ways voice will impact everything from search to online retail.
Earlier this week, I was honoured to speak at the excellent Google Firestarters event series dedicated to performance marketing.