|Job Title||Head of Sales & Commercial|
|Organisation||Warner Leisure Hotels|
|Registered Since||16 Apr 2007|
|Areas of Expertise||Ecommerce, Email Marketing, Multichannel Marketing, Strategy & Operations, eCRM|
Mat is Head of Sales and Commercial for Warner Leisure Hotels, who offer UK Short breaks just for grown-ups, part of the Bourne Leisure Group which also operates Butlins and Haven. With 80% of sales coming direct via the call centre and website, Mat knows a bit about optimising multichannel campaigns to maximise sales and return on investment.
Prior to this, Mat worked at Dell as Head of UK Consumer Marketing and then Head of Retail across EMEA. Some of his work included creating the MTV European sponsorship platform and executing the highly catchy "lollipop" colourful laptop campaign across TV, Radio and outdoor media. He was also part of the team that executed Dell's consumer retail strategy across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia.
Mat started his career in web design and web marketing, before broadening into the wider marketing mix. His stint at digital technology company DoubleClick (part of Google), gave him a great understanding of tracking technology and measuring multichannel results. He remains passionate about digital marketing, especially in tracking, behavioural targeting and the multi-channel mix.
Mat has presented at numerous industry events Marketing Week Live and eTail, and Econsultany's Digital Cream. He has also written a regular blog for Econsultancy.com, including numerous articles on multichannel tracking and the death of last-click-wins.
Mat Finch Linkedin profile
Add Mat as a professional contact on Linkedin
Matthew Finch Econsultancy Blog
Read some of Mat's thoughts and comments on the world of digital marketing, with experience from Dell, DoubleClick, Bourne Leisure and the Holiday Cottages Group
Mat Finch Twitter
Follow Mat on Twitter
Mat's childhood dream of becoming a racing driver
Follow my progress and general ramblings in building my Porsche 968 race car, gaining my race license and ultimately competing in UK circuit racing.
Mat Finch Google+ profile
Add Mat on Google+
Education and Qualifications
Matthew Finch is Head of Sales & Commercial at Warner Leisure Hotels and a guest blogger on Econsultancy.
Blog posts and comments by Matthew Finch
- Does on-demand content lead to on-demand advertising?, 10 Jul 2008
- Would a Cost-Per-Engagement model attract advertisers to spend more online?, 1 Jul 2008
- Would a Cost-Per-Engagement model attract advertisers to spend more online?, 27 Jun 2008
- Contact details - best and worst practice examples, 25 Jun 2008
- Brand engagement with Wii, 24 Jun 2008
- The New Media stock exchange, 13 Jun 2008
- Behavioural email – is it just online ‘ambulance chasing’?, 9 Jun 2008
- Doritos invites user-generated TV ad, 7 May 2008
- The Google Trademark change – will it level the playing field?, 2 May 2008
- Please wait while the banner loads!, 25 Mar 2008