This report explores how to integrate planning for the long-term future into an effective strategy in order to protect against disruption and ensure organisations are prepared for the next big change in business, technology or society at large.
In a fast-changing business landscape ripe with disruption, considering what the future may entail is vital for profitability, organisational viability and personal relevance. From understanding what impact emerging technologies will have on business models to how to build in the agility required to respond to the uncertainty of what the future may look like, planning for what may be on the horizon is an essential skill for marketers and should form a part of any strategic thinking.
This report examines the importance of considering the long-term future and lays out a simple process and toolkit for incorporating future-gazing into effective strategy to ensure organisations are informed and prepared for what the future may bring.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following interviewees who contributed to this report:
- Azeem Azhar, Chief, Exponential View
- Mike Baxter, Director and Product Lead, Goal Atlas
- Ben Cheston, MD, greyhairworks!
- Brian Corish, Former Chief Customer Officer, Bank of Ireland, and now advising companies on digital transformation
- Tom Daniell, Retail and Marketing Director, Aviva
- Alessandra Di Lorenzo, CEO of Forward – lastminute.com’s media company
- Hans Gilhuys, Commercial Excellence Director Global, Gilead Sciences (formerly Multi Channel Director Global at GlaxoSmithKline)
- Gerd Leonhard, CEO, the Futures Agency
- Victoria Lennon, Head of Digital Marketing, BDO
- Martina Poulopati, Global Marketing and Communications Director, Essity
- Gemma Roalf, Marketing Director, Really B2B
- Jodi Williams, GM Global Brand and Content Marketing, Air New Zealand
- Jerker Winther, Head of Strategy & Planning and Partner, Åkestam Holst NoA
- David Wood, Chair of London Futurists and Principal of Delta Wisdom
To access all of our premium content, including invaluable research, insights, elearning, data and tools, you need to be a subscriber.
Explore our subscription options and get instant access for you, your team and your organisation to a wealth of resources designed to help you achieve excellence in marketing.View our subscription options